Volunteer with Us
Community and workplace volunteers help development and delivery of credit union services throughout the world.
As a volunteer within your own community or workplace environment, you have a wealth of knowledge that can aid Grampian Credit Union to raise awareness about its savings and loans services and also help to establish the type of services that are best suited to your community.
What can I do?
There are different levels of involvement available to those who wish to become volunteers. The time commitment can be as much or as little as you choose. Any help you can give will be much appreciated, and you’ll be playing a vital role in growing Grampian Credit Union.
- Distribute leaflets around your neighbourhood;
- Encourage your family, friends and work colleagues to join;
- Put up posters and newsletters on notice boards at your place of work, church or local community centre;
- Give talks about the Credit Union to community or work groups;
- Keep a stock of Credit Union leaflets and membership application forms to give to people on request;
- Provide the Credit Union with information about your area and put us in touch with local community representatives and groups who may be interested in our services;
- Utilise any existing skills that you have such as fundraising, marketing, administration; promotion;
- Become involved with the running of the Credit Union at Supervisory Committee or Board Director level.
What do I get in return?
Becoming a Credit Union Volunteer could help you:
- gain new skills
- meet new people
- make new friends
- gain experience working in a financial services environment
- enhance your career prospects.
As a volunteer you would be offered training and development to aid you in your role. Quite simply put, the more you can give the credit union, the more you will receive in return.
If you would like to become a volunteer or would like more information on volunteering then please contact Grampian Credit Union on 01224 561506 or e-mail email@example.com
Are you interested in being a part of the ongoing decision making team of your Credit Union?
Do you have ideas that can help your Credit Union grow and serve our community more?
If this is ‘up your street’ and you are happy to give your time and expertise to the benefit of your Credit Union and the membership, please send your CV and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be a current member or willing to join Grampian Credit Union.